Wednesday

Interview with billionaire Sean Parker

Born1979 (age 33–34)
EducationOakton High School, Chantilly High School
OccupationBoard of Directors at Spotify
Board of Directors at Yammer
Managing Partner at The Founders Fund
Co-founder of PlaxoNapster,Airtime, and Causes
Founding President of Facebook
Net worthUS$ 2 billion (2013 March)

source: wikipedia.org

Though, this is not full interview, you will enjoy it:
publish date: December-17, 2011


Parker, who cofounded Napster and then went on to play a key role in the early days of Facebook, was in many ways lucky to be in the right places at all the right times. But he’s also clearly a smart businessman with vast social skills and an eagerness to reinvent the music industry.
It’s not clear what he’s actually started, though. In fact, the profile points out that he’s been forced out of at least two companies by its venture capital investors. At Plaxo he “clashed with the company’s venture capital partners and was fired.” (The key active venture capital board members at Plaxo were Sequoia Capital and Ram Shriram, a founding investor of Google, though the Times doesn’t note that.) Then in 2004, he was hired as Facebook’s president, but got forced out less than a year later by Facebook’s investors, including Accel, Greylock and others. In other words, the blue-chip firms of Silicon Valley.
And in the early days at Napster, he managed to bring the ire of an army of lawyers on his company’s head by boasting that Napster was going to take out the music industry.
So, maybe his social skills are a little overrated.
“At every point I am besieged by people who would like me to conform to some social norm of whatever sort of social group they expect me to be a part of,” Parker says in the profile. “I never have any identification with these social groups.”
What he does have is an appetite for indulging in the high life, from Oscar parties to Washington D.C. schmoozefests and London charity fundraisers. With his fortune, he can do that. Just 32 years old, his net worth is estimated to be about $2.1 billion, thanks mostly to his stake in Facebook.
He also said he was “mortified” by his portrayal as a sleazy party boy in last year’s movie, The Social Network, writes the Times.
Among other revelations from the NYT story: He suffers from asthma, is allergic to nuts and shellfish, and carries dissolving strips of Benadryl in his wallet.
When asked if he’d ever used drugs, he responded: “I’m a believer in any method of mind expansion whether facilitated by meditation, religious experience or drug use. There is a value in using tools available to us, even if it is pharmacological in nature, if it expands the mind.”
That’s not exactly a “no,” is it?

(Source: www.venturebeat.com  article by: Dylan Tweney)
Would you like to read more interview with famous personality: click here (list of interview)



Further Reading on Sean Parker:



Sean Parker on startup:

"Running a start-up is like eating glass. you just start to like the taste of your own blood."

Sean Parker on Career.

"Solving specific problems is what drives me.I am not interested in having a career. I never have been."

 Sean Parker on Product:

"You actually don't want people thinking your product is cool, because then your are a fad."
"I suffer from the delusion that every product of my imagination is not only possible, but alwasy on the cusp of becoming real."
"I suffer from the delusion that every product of my imagination is not only possible, but alwasy on the cusp of becoming real." 
 

Sean Parker on Facebook

 "It's never the end game. Facebook is now a platform upon which all kinds of applications are being built it's definitely not it."
"Facebook isn't helping you make new connections, Facebook doesn't develop new relationships, facebook is just trying to be the most accurate model of your social graph. There's a part of me that feels somewhat bored by all of this." 

Sean Parker on Money:

"I definitely wanted to earn my freedom. But the primary motivation wasn't making money, but making an impact." 

Sean Parker on Politics and Social Media 

"I definitely wanted to earn my freedom. But the primary motivation wasn't making money, but making an impact."
"What comes after the revolution is inevitable bureaucracy. Whoever wins the revolution builds a bureaucracy." 

Sean Parker on Himself

"I can sort of do what I want. Maybe I have to work harder to prove myself in some new relationship because they've heard some wacky stories about me. But at least I can get the meeting. "

No comments:

Post a Comment